Styles_01

During my research around styles for my graduation film, I’ve discovered works of Jeff Scher.
He is an American painter and experimental film-maker from the US. In his work, he uses traditional tools like watercolours, markers, crayons paired with collages. So it’s basically drawings sequences animated with stop-motion technique.
For instance, his animation “White Out” contained 2500 drawings.

Additionally, I’ve found a short interview for BBC and New York Times blog where Scher explains his work approach, processes and influences from emotions and experiences from life around him.

Most of his movies appeal to me because they are emotionally close, colourful and depicted memories, precisely what I’m looking for my film.

Furthermore, his films remind me about animation that I saw during the Cardiff Animation Festival in 2018. It’s called “That Yorkshire Sound” (2017) by Marcus Armitage. He is from the UK and graduated from the Royal College of Arts in 2014.

I think their works quite similar in style vice. And also, observation of everyday life’s events determine their animations.